Local Chamber of Commerce announces scholarship applications are available.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Port Orange South Daytona Chamber Foundation has established a scholarship to recognize seven exceptional high school seniors planning to pursue a degree in the business field and is currently accepting applications. The scholarship will support the education and career aspirations of young students who have shown outstanding academic and personal achievements.
Eligible High School seniors must meet the following criteria:
- Attend Spruce Creek, Atlantic, or Warner Christian High School
- Have a minimum unweighted grade point average of 3.0 or above.
Applicants are required to provide transcripts, two letters of recommendation – one from school personnel and one from a non-relative community member – and a 250 to 300-word essay on the topic "What skills have you gained from your experiences in your current school, and how do you think they will help you in meeting your personal and career goals?" with their application.
Students can obtain applications from their guidance counselors or from the Port Orange South Daytona Chamber of Commerce website, www.pschamber.com
Completed applications can be submitted via email to email@example.com and will be accepted until April 15, 2023. The email subject line should read "Chamber Foundation Scholarship Application." The Scholarship Committee will evaluate applications and the committee may request an interview to determine the recipients.
The Port Orange South Daytona Chamber of Commerce Foundation extends its best wishes to all applicants and hopes all students succeed in their future endeavors.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family