Summer Camp Scholarships Available.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Summer camp scholarships are being made available to income-eligible children through Volusia County’s Community Assistance Division.
According to a release, families with children entering grades 1-6 and ages 5-12 are eligible. Five-year-olds must have completed kindergarten before camp to be eligible.
Children up to age 17 attending approved special needs camps are eligible.
Scholarship awards will be based on income eligibility and will be awarded accordingly based on funding availability.
Scholarship applications will begin to be accepted electronically starting at 8 a.m. Wednesday, April 14.
Electronic Applications can be submitted at www.volusia.org/community_assistance/applications.
Applications may also be hand-delivered or submitted by mail to the Community Assistance Division, c/o Jill Marcum, 110 W. Rich Ave., DeLand, FL 32720.
For detailed information on the documents required for submission, refer to the import information documents at www.volusia.org/community_assistance/applications.
Faxed or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family