Wildfire Shuts Down Part of I95
Volusia County, FL- Smoke from a wildfire has shut down Interstate 95 both directions near State Road 44 and Dunlawton Ave.
Reports say the fire was started by a burn pile that spread into a 2-acre brush fire.
The fire, which originated near Pioneer Trail and Sugar Mill Drive, is currently 65 acres wide and and only 20 percent contained, officials said.
According to firefighters on scene, the blaze is producing flames as high as 30 feet.
Sources say bulldozer operators are on scene cutting lines around the fire working to contain the wildfire.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family