“I Can’t Breathe,” Peaceful Protest that was Supposed to be Held Last Week, Re-scheduled for This Thursday.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The “I Can’t Breathe,” Peaceful Protest that was scheduled to held last week at City Island, was canceled last week due to inclement weather.
The event has since been rescheduled for this coming Thursday, June 11 at 5:30 p.m.
All are invited to join in the efforts for supporting the “I Can't Breathe,” protests affiliated with the Black Lives Matter Movement after George Floyd, was killed back in May by Derick Chauvin, a police officer for the city of Minneapolis.
Anyone wishing to join the protest will meet at City Island in the North Parking Lot. The NAACP will be on site early, offering voter registration, and promoting the 2020 Census completion.
Protestors are being told to bring the following to wear or use during the protest:
- A facial mask
- Hand sanitizer
- Bottled water
For more information please contact the organizers of the event: The Daytona Beach Black Clergy Alliance, Daytona Beach Police Department, BCU School of Religion, M.L.K Celebration for FL, and City of Daytona Beach Leaders.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family