South Beach Street Closed Through June 17 due to Pipe Construction
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
According to a release put out by the city of Daytona Beach, both the north and southbound lanes on South Beach Street from Loomis Avenue to Marina Point Drive are be closed as crews install well points to dewater the trench area before inserting the 36” pipe.
Once work between Loomis Avenue to Marina Point Drive is complete, Marina Point Drive to South Street will be closed, followed by South Street to Bellevue Avenue. Each part will take two to three weeks to complete. All detours will direct traffic to Palmetto Avenue.
The South Beach Street Force Main project includes the installation of a new 36-inch force main along South Beach Street to increase the capacity in the wastewater collection system serving the downtown area, installation of four stormwater backflow preventers due to high water levels in the Halifax River and construction of two segments of the Sweetheart Trail.
The project is ahead of schedule and the completion date is expected to be in the summer of 2021. Crews have been proactively updating residents as well as businesses.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family