Brushfire damages at least one home in South Daytona; Reed Canal Road closed.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The city of South Daytona has confirmed that at least one home was damaged after a brushfire started in the woods off Reed Canal Road in the Coventry Forest area.
According to the South Daytona Police Department, four juveniles started the blaze, which caused a family to evacuate their home as the fire spread. There have been no reports of injuries at this time.
The fire was controlled just after 2:00 p.m. by the South Daytona Fire Department, and officials are asking motorists to avoid the area as roads are still closed.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family