Carnival Cruise Line announces embarkation enhancements as it commits to current protocols for the foreseeable future.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Carnival Cruise Line announced Friday that it will begin using the VeriFLY solution system for operations from U.S. homeports. A pilot program will start this Saturday, January 22, 2022, for guests boarding the Mardi Gras out of Port Canaveral.
VeriFLY by Daon, widely used in the airline industry, will allow Carnival guests to upload proof of vaccination and testing information for verification before sailings. The use of the VeriFLY system will result in a streamlined embarkation experience at the terminal. Upon completion of the pilot program out of Port Canaveral, Carnival intends to move quickly to implement the solution across its fleet.
According to a release, Carnival will continue to operate under its current protocols, sailing vaccinated voyages, requiring pre-embarkation testing, and following onboard indoor mask requirements until further notice.
The cruise line is also working to expand testing capabilities at the terminal for vaccinated guests, specifically for short itineraries (3- and 4-day voyages), that allow vaccinated guests to meet the pre-cruise testing requirement as part of the embarkation process. Guests will need to pre-register for testing, as there are capacity limits based on the resources of testing providers. Carnival will phase in testing sites to support short itinerary cruises and will be announced by the end of January.
The cruise line intends to follow its current operating protocols until further notice. For current operating protocols, visit
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family