City of Edgewater and Florida Department of Transportation announce SR 442 resurfacing and shared use path project.
Written by Anthony Bicy
Belden Communications News
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will begin a resurfacing project on State Road 442 from Interstate 95 to U.S. 1 in Edgewater on January 14 and 15. The project will add a sidewalk, a shared-use path, and wrong-way detection countermeasures.
The sidewalk will be six feet wide on the Northside of State Road, and the shared path will be twelve feet wide on the south side. It will begin at Interstate 95 and tie into Air Park Road.
There will also be six-foot-wide buffered bicycle lanes, pedestrian curb ramps, and warning surfaces at all curb ramps. Traffic and crosswalk changes include minor signal adjustments, pedestrian signal improvements, and minor lighting at Air Park Road and U.S. 1.
For more information, contact Design Project Manager Heidi Trivett at (386)943-5466 or Heidi.Trivett@dot.state.fl.us.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family