City of Port Orange announces Garbage Rate annual increase starting in 2022.
Written by Anthony Bicy
Belden Communications News
The City of Port Orange has announced a revised ordinance regarding an annual increase in Garbage Rates, effective January 1, 2022.
According to the revised ordinance, all garbage rates will be adjusted annually by the percentage change determined by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) from April 1 of the preceding year to March 31 of the current year, or five percent, whichever is less. The Consumer Price Index measures the average change over time in the prices paid by urban consumers for a market basket of consumer goods and services.
The adjusted rates apply to services on or after October 1 in the year the adjustment has been made.
Garbage service levels have not changed since 2014, although expenses have continued to rise. The garbage will continue running two days per week and one day for recycling, yard waste, and large item pick up as needed.
For trash day, please adhere to the following reminders:
- Excess garbage may result in an additional charge.
- Yard waste must be bagged, boxed, or bundled in 4-foot length no more than eighteen inches in diameter.
- Pick up is between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Containers need to be at the street before 7 a.m. but no earlier than 7 p.m. the day prior.
- Residents are to remove containers from the curbside by 7 a.m. the following morning.
- Builders, contractors, tree services, lawn maintenance, etc., must remove yard waste and debris at their own expense.
Visit ORD 2021-27 (port-orange.org) to review a copy of the revised Ordinance and Resolution.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family