Classic Cruise Car Show ends 26-year run along Canal Street.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Canal Street Classic Cruise Car Show held on the second Saturday of each month, has decided to relocate. In a Facebook post shared to social media on Tuesday, December 6, Pat Teehan, President of the East Coast Cruisers Car Club, officially announced the end of the club’s 26-year-long run on Canal Street in New Smyrna Beach.
“Well, after 26 and a half years on Canal Street, we are leaving on our own. No one is making us leave, and we have a great relationship with the City of New Smyrna Beach. This was our decision, the East Coast Cruisers Car Club Inc., no one is making us leave,” said Teehan in the Facebook post. “Sad to say, we just don’t fit in anymore, and it is time for us to move on.”
The East Coast Cruisers have hosted many marriage proposals, two weddings, dozens of celebrities, many Toy Drive Collections for the local Police Department for its Operation Christmas Cheer, and been on countless television spots during our Cruise Nights.
“We hope that all of you who have supported us over the years will come and join us in our new venue. As always, this will be a Free show to the Cruisers & the Public. Again, this has not been an easy decision for any of us, but it’s time to move on,” Teehan said. “We would like to thank the New Smyrna Beach City Council, the Downtown Merchant Association, all the City of New Smyrna Beach staff, our Local Police & Fire Departments, and a hand full of merchants that have supported us.”
The classic cruise car show will be relocating to Port Orange City Center, at 1000 City Center Circle, with the first Cruise Night scheduled for January 14, from 4 - 7 p.m.
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family