Correctional Officer Arrested by Sheriff Deputies on Child Molestation Charge.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News.
Volusia County Sheriff’s Office arrested Correctional Officer, Anthony Checchi of Tomoka Correctional Institution, Tuesday afternoon by members of a Volusia Sheriff’s Office Crime Suppression Team and detectives with the agency’s Child Exploitation Unit.
According to a release sent out by VCSO, Detectives have been investigating allegations of sexual abuse involving Checchi since late May. He is not a stranger to the juvenile female victim.
Checchi was taken into custody Tuesday in Holly Hill and transported to the Volusia County Branch Jail, where he is being held on a $25,000 bond.
Checchi has been charged him with lewd and lascivious molestation on a child victim.
There is an ongoing investigation in this case, and detectives are asking anyone with additional information is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Office Child Exploitation Unit at 386-323-3574.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family