Corrections Officer Arrested for Sexual Misconduct with Inmate
Port Orange, FL - A Port Orange man, who is a sergeant with Volusia County Division of Corrections, was arrested today on charges stemming from alleged sexual misconduct with an inmate.
According to a release from authorities, “The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office arrested a Volusia County Division of Corrections sergeant today on a charge that he had a sexual encounter with an inmate. The officer, 31-year-old Christopher L. Harvey of Port Orange, is charged with sexual misconduct between a detention facility employee and an inmate, a felony.”
The release goes on to specify the investigation into the case by the Volusia County Corrections’ Internal Affairs Division started months ago.
“The incident happened at the Volusia County Correctional Facility at 1354 Indian Lake Road, Daytona Beach. The investigation showed that Harvey received oral sex from a female inmate in a laundry room while he was supervising an overnight laundry detail. The incident was witnessed by another inmate.”
Harvey is in custody after turning himself in to the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office Operations Center in Daytona Beach. He is facing a $5,000 bond. Due to his prior employment with VCSO he will be taken to the Flagler jail.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family