Daytona Beach Airport Evacuated Due to Threat; One Flight Diverted.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Daytona Beach International Airport took to Twitter informing passengers that the airport was evacuated just before 10:00 a.m. Wednesday Morning due to a bomb threat.
"Due to a potential threat and out of an abundance of caution, Daytona Beach International Airport has been evacuated. Law enforcement is on the scene. Incoming flights have been diverted," Airport officials said in the Tweet.
Bomb-sniffing dogs and law enforcement are currently on scene investigating the threat.
One American Airlines Flight has been diverted at this time, and officials at the airport are encouraging passengers to check their airlines for updated flight information.
Just before 11:00 a.m. Law Enforcement issued the all clear, and normal functions could resume. The terminal is in the process of re-opening.
This is an on-going story; check back for updates.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family