Daytona State College Students and Staff Evacuated Due to Threat; No Suspicious Threat Found
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Daytona State College has ordered the immediate evacuation of its campus due to a threat.
According to the College’s Twitter page, people should evacuate immediately, and that all campuses are closed until further notice.
“Due to potential threat, please evacuate all Daytona State College campuses immediately. All Daytona State College campuses are closed until further notice,” the tweet said.
According to reports from Daytona Beach Police Department, the campus has been put under alert due to a bomb threat.
Police are on scene, assisting with evacuations, and actively searching for the reported bomb.
No Volusia County Schools have been affected by the threat.Volusia County Schools want to inform all duall-enrolled students at Daytona State College, that the DSC campuses are closed today.
At 11:30 a.m. Daytona Beach Police Department confirmed that nothing suspicious was found.
According to reports the full threat entailed a shooting and bomb threat with specific information and a time. DSC worked with authorities, and all campuses are now cleared. All classes and operations will resume as normal tomorrow.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family