Threat at Daytona State College Found to be Domestic in Nature; Classes to Resume Today.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Earlier Tuesday, Daytona State College was evacuated due to reports of a ‘specific threat’.
According to Daytona Beach Police Department, reports of the threat were made to a specific person by someone who was broadcasting live through a social media platform.
Police arrived on the scene immediately, after receiving word of the threat, and made contact with the person who received the threats.
Daytona Beach Police determined that the threat was domestic and was not aimed in general at students, faculty, or the DSC campus. It was aimed at a specific person who happened to be on campus at the time.
The DSC campus was evacuated briefly while officers were on-campus investigating this report. A lockdown was also in place briefly at Mainland High School.
No injuries were reported. No arrests have been made at this time. Investigators are now in the process of determining if charges will be filed.
Staff and Students were able to resume classes Tuesday at 3 p.m.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family