Spruce Creek High School in Port Orange was evacuated Monday morning due to a bomb threat.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Spruce Creek High School, located at 801 Taylor Road in Port Orange, was evacuated Monday morning due to a bomb threat, following a message received by school officials regarding a suspicious package.
According to the Volusia County Sheriff's Office an unidentified person called in a false report of a suspicious device. The campus was evacuated around 10:30 a.m., and Sheriff Deputies, Port Orange Police, and school security thoroughly searched and cleared the school, which then resumed normal operations.
Students and staff were able to return to class following an ‘all clear’ around 11:30 a.m.
This is a developing story. Check back with PortOrangeConnection.com for updates.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family