Daytona Beach Police Department Searching for Woman in PTA Fraud Case.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Police are searching for Amber Davis (pictured above), regarding a PTA Fraud case from Palm Terrace Elementary School in Daytona Beach.
The School was alerted of the potential fraud back in November when the school’s holiday shop vendor Wonderland Gift Shop: represented by Allison Burt, reported to the principal of Palm Terrace, Tucker Harris a fraudulent cashier’s check for $1892.00 was received by the PTA.
Harris immediately began questioning Amber Davis to provide documentation regarding the PTA bank account. Davis sent over paperwork from Space Coast Credit Union with no name listed on the account paperwork, and a voided check in the full amount that was owed to the Wonderland Gift Shop.
Harris proceeded to report the activity to Daytona Beach Police Department, who further investigated the account by contacting Space Coast Credit Union via Subpoena. The bank cooperated fully, but there was no existing account number, and no account belonging to Davis or the Palm Terrace PTA.
Police have an active arrest warrant out for Amber Davis’ but have been unable to locate her. They believe she is in the Daytona Beach Area and are asking if anyone has any information on her whereabouts to contact Detective Eric Hinkson at (386) 671-5216 or HinksonEric@dbpd.us regarding Case 190022688.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family