Daytona Beach Police Department arrests the person of interest in the Aultman murder case.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Daytona Beach Police Department arrested Jean Robert Macean, a 32-year-old resident of Orlando, around 11:00 a.m. Thursday for the murders of a married Daytona Beach couple. A police task force comprised of members of the United States Marshals Service, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, and the Orlando Police Department assisted in Macean's arrest.
“This was one of the most brutal murders I have ever seen in my 20-plus years as a police officer in Daytona Beach,” stated Daytona Beach Police Chief Jakari Young. “We want to thank the entire Daytona Beach community and the communities around us for providing our detectives with over one hundred tips. We appreciate that level of cooperation in such a serious matter.”
Terry and Brenda Aultman were murdered early Sunday while biking home from Bike Week festivities on Main Street in Daytona Beach.
“I thank our law enforcement partners for working with us to bring this man into custody,” Young added. “I have full confidence that the justice system will do its job. I hope that this will help all of Terry’s and Brenda’s family, friends, and loved ones cope with their senseless loss.”
Macean is facing two counts of first-degree murder and is in custody at the Orange County Jail before his extradition to Volusia County. His arrest occurred less than 24 hours after DBPD posted a $50,000 reward for any information leading to an arrest in the Aultman murders.
Investigators will decide who will receive the reward after they sort the tips.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family