Daytona Beach Police Department is looking for witnesses after an elderly Daytona Beach man loses his life in a motor vehicle accident.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Daytona Beach Police Department is looking for anyone with information involving a motor vehicle accident that claimed an elderly Daytona Beach Resident’s life Sunday, August 29, inside the LPGA International subdivision.
According to reports, the Daytona Beach Police Department and the Daytona Beach Fire Department responded to the scene on Tournament Drive and Champions Drive just before 4 p.m. discovering a blue 2021 Ford Explorer submerged in the water of the retention pond. Inside the vehicle was 75-year-old Wayne A. Martin, a resident of LPGA International.
Investigators believe Martin suffered a medical episode while driving east on Tournament Drive at a legal speed. Martin ran a stop sign at Champions Drive with no apparent attempt to slow down before the vehicle went over the curb and into the retention pond.
First responders pulled Martin out of the vehicle and tried to revive Martin on the scene. Paramedics transported him to AdventHealth Daytona Beach, where he was later pronounced dead.
Daytona Beach Police Department is seeking out anyone with any information on the incident to contact officer Ryan Forrest at (386) 671-5447 or ForrestRyan@DBPD.us regarding case number 210016119.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family