Elderly Man Rescued from Ponce Inlet by Coast Guard.
Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 7:15PM
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Early Monday afternoon, a 65-year old man in a wheelchair needed to be pulled out of Ponce Inlet by members of the Coast Guard.
A ‘Good Samaritan’ call was received by the Ponce DeLeon Inlet Coast Guard Station around 1:30 p.m. Monday, about a man in an electric wheelchair falling into the water of the inlet. The 24-Foot special purpose craft was moving toward their patrol when they received the call.
The man was easily recovered from the water, with no reported injuries. Coast Guard crewmembers transported the man back safely to Station Ponce. There was no report if the man’s wheelchair had been recovered.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family
For the latest specials, events and more! Click here to join