Fatal crash on Tomoka Farms Road Tuesday Evening in Port Orange.
Written by Kristen Schmutz – Belden Communications
Tuesday evening Volusia County Sheriff’s Office and Florida Highway Patrol responded to reports of a fatal head-on crash on Tomoka Farms Road in Port Orange. VCSO were on the scene blocking traffic from the Cabbage Patch Bar at Pioneer Trail to Ludlow Blvd.
The crash involved three vehicles. A small car that was traveling south in the northbound lane caused the accident when the driver didn’t return from the passing lane, causing an SUV in the Northbound lane to swerve into the shoulder, and the pickup truck behind the SUV ended up crashing into the car killing the driver instantly.
FHP reported the driver of the pickup truck was taken to Halifax Hospital in Daytona Beach, and no injuries were reported from the four passengers in the SUV.
The vehicles involved in the crash and the victims have not been identified as of yet, as FHP is still investigating the crash, and trying to notify next of kin for the deceased.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family