Retired Port Orange Detective Killed in Motorcycle Crash on Tomoka Farms Rd.
Written by Kristen Schmutz – Belden Communications
Retired Port Orange Detective and Veteran Barry Marotte, 60, died early Wednesday morning in a single-vehicle crash on Tomoka Farms Rd., around 3:00 a.m.
Florida Highway Patrol responded to the scene near Shuntz Rd. around 3:10 a.m.
Marotte retired from th4e Port Orange Police Department just 18-months ago, after giving 12 years of service. The wreck happened after Marotte lost control of his Harley-Davidson for unknown reasons, according to reports. The crash is still under investigation.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family