First Transit Management Services Will Conduct Contract Negotiations with VC County Council for a Six-Month Trial Period Over Votran.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Volusia County Council voted this morning to give First Transit Management Service time to negotiate a contract for a trial period of six months.
The Council added that if no contract has been agreed upon then they would renew their current contract with RATP Dev.
Both companies provided presentations to the council, highlighting services offered that can be further utilized to advance current Votran operations as far as Efficiency, Safety, Transition, and Financial Stability.
Regardless of the change, the County proposed that all employees will keep their current positions, minus the General Manager.
RATP Dev already implemented a change in leadership, but the council still decided to give First Transit a chance at running the transportation service.
There is no scheduled date on when the contract negotiations or when the implementation of new management will take place at this time.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family