Votran Seeks Input for Transit Development Plan
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Votran, the county’s transit agency, wants to hear from you.
According to a release, the agency has started working on significant updates to its Transit Development Plan, or the TDP. The TDP is a 10-year planning document, assessed and updated every five years, to provide a guide for the development of the transit system.
Votran is seeking public participation, as it is an essential part of TDP development.
Feedback from the public, whether they use Votran services or not, provides insight into transportation needed, issues of the people throughout the county.
“Safe and effective transportation is imperative to ensure a thriving community,” said Votran General Manager Kelvin Miller. “While it’s a big undertaking, we’re looking forward to the opportunity to work with the community, to better understand the needs and expectations, so we can continue to provide transportation options that best serve our area.”
Planned public involvement activities include an online survey, bus passenger survey, workshops, interviews, and comment collection. Due to the pandemic, phase one public workshops will be held virtually from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 16 and 17.
A public survey is also available through Dec. 31 at:
Information on future events will be announced as details become available.
To learn more about the TDP, visit http://www.votran.org/documents-data/development-plan.stml.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family