Florida Power and Light (FPL) Plans Discount to Customers Bills during Pandemic.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Florida Power and Light (FPL) has been saving money recently due to lower fuel costs. This will cause nearly a 25 percent discount for residential customers beginning May 1.
The company plans to issue the savings through a one-time bill decrease to accelerate customer savings during the COVID-19 pandemic. This will be different than FPL’s normal practice of spreading out the savings over the remainder of the year.
FPL has already provided a 4 percent savings to their customers back in January, making this the second time this year customer bills have been discounted.
Business Customers will also see a decrease in their bill during May, but the amount of decrease will vary by rate class.
Before the decrease, FPL’s typical bill was 30 percent lower than the average making the bills the lowest in both Florida and the country.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family