Missing Port Orange Woman, Found Dead on Shoreline in Daytona Beach
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
In a press release sent out by the Port Orange Police Department’s Public Information Officer Evan Doyle, a Port Orange woman who was reported missing early Sunday morning was later found dead in Daytona Beach.
Police Officers responded to a call from the Port Orange Causeway Park off of Dunlawton Ave, just before 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning. It was reported the female went missing from a small boat that was in the Intracoastal Waterway. According to the release the woman entered the water and swam toward a small island before she was reported missing.
Volusia County Beach Patrol and Volusia County Air 1 assisted Port Orange Police with the search but were unable to locate the missing female.
Around 1:00 p.m. Sunday, the body of the female was located along the shoreline in Daytona Beach. Port Orange Detectives responded along with the Medical Examiner’s Office. The Port Orange Police Department will have an ongoing investigation, in this case, pending autopsy results.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family