Port Orange Woman Struck and Killed by Vehicle at U.S. 1
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Daytona Beach Police Department is currently investigating a crash that took the life of a 35-year-old Port Orange woman after she was struck by a vehicle while attempting to cross U.S. 1 on foot.
According to a release, officers responded to the scene, near Ridgewood and Osceola Avenue just before midnight last night. The Traffic Homicide Unit was also on the scene talking to eyewitnesses, and processing evidence.
It is believed that a black 2010 Dodge Charger driven by a 40-year-old Daytona Beach man, was approaching Osceola Avenue when the woman, dressed in dark clothing, stepped out into the middle of Ridgewood Avenue.; the woman was not in a marked crosswalk.
The driver of the charger notified officers that he attempted to avoid the woman.
Despite the driver's efforts, the woman was hit by the front driver's side of the vehicle.
Paramedics took the victim from the scene to Halifax Health Medical Center in Daytona Beach as a trauma alert. She ended up passing away from her injuries soon after arrival.
The identity of the woman has not been released, due to pending notification to next of kin. No charges are pending at this time.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family