Forecasted severe weather prompts Tornado Watch for Volusia County, effective until 5 p.m.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
According to the National Weather Service, a Tornado Watch has been initiated for Volusia County, effective until 5 p.m. due to forecasted isolated thunderstorms pushing through the state ahead of a strong cold front, expected to hit the area later today.
Storms will be moving a northeastern pattern at 40 MPH with wind gusts of up to 45 MPH. These storms can produce a lot of lighting and heavy downpours in certain areas. A few tornadoes will be possible throughout the day.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family