Four Traffic Fatalities in Volusia this Weekend, Including a Teen
Teen Killed in Port Orange
Port Orange Police said a teen exited a vehicle on Dunlawton Avenue near the Port Orange causeway and was hit and killed by a trailer the vehicle he just exited was pulling. The 14-year-old was transported to Halifax Health Medical Center in Daytona Beach where he died. No other vehicles were involved in the accident. The Port Orange Police Department's Traffic Homicide Unit is asking anyone with information to contact Investigator Carlyton Hambsh at 386-506-5849.
Woman Killed in Port Orange Accident Early Sunday
Port Orange Police said a 37-year-old woman was killed when she was thrown from her vehicle at the intersection of Willow Run Drive and South Tracy Drive on Sunday at 2:59 a.m. The woman was transported to Halifax Health Medical Center in Daytona Beach where she died. The Port Orange Police Department's Traffic Homicide Unit is asking anyone with information to contact Officer Joshua Eddy at 386-506-5838.
DeBary Woman Killed on I-4
Police said a woman from DeBary was killed on Friday night at 11:15 p.m. in a single-vehicle accident on I-4 when she veered off an exit ramp near Mile Marker 108 and hit two trees. She was pronounced dead on the scene. The crash remains under investigation.
Man Dies in DeLand Accident
The Florida Highway Patrol said a 39-year-old man from Deltona rear-ended a sport utility vehicle (SUV) on Saturday at 11:03 p.m. on Spring Garden Avenue near DeLand. The man died when he hit the SUV that had stopped to check on a car that was broken down on the side of the road. The driver of the SUV and a female passenger suffered minor injuries. The Deltona man was transported to Advent Health DeLand where he was pronounced dead.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family