Free COVID-19 Testing for All Volusia County Homeless at First Step Shelter.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Starting Monday, September 28th, the First Step Shelter, Inc. will be offering free Covid-19 testing to all homeless people in Volusia County.
Any homeless person who would like to be tested for COVID-19 can come to the First Step Shelter located off International Speedway Blvd., in Daytona Beach from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m at the Main Entrance.
Testing is provided by the Volusia County Health Department, and results will be available approximately 4 days after being tested. The shelter has 150 swab kits, and the test will be administered by Nurses.
No residents of the shelter have tested positive for the virus, so far.
The shelter has also begun taking referrals for New Intakes again. Referrals will only be accepted from Social Service Organizations; Places of Worship; Hospitals; and Law Enforcement Agencies.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family