Heather Post appointed to Preemption Committee.
Written by Anthony Bicy
Belden Communications News
Heather Post - Volusia County Councilwoman and Representative of District 4 - was recently appointed, by the president of the Florida Association of Counties, to serve on a newly formed statewide Preemption Committee.
Preemptions are State or Federal laws that eliminate or reduce the authority of local jurisdictions on a given issue, and county commissioners around Florida have been fighting against them for a while.
“Many of our local issues have been greatly affected by decisions made at higher levels,” Post said. “To be chosen to work on this specific committee to protect our rights to govern locally means a great deal. I know it will be a big commitment, but I am dedicated to representing Volusia County and fighting for home rule.”
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family