House Fire in Daytona Beach; Home is a ‘Total Loss’.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Four adults were displaced overnight when their beachside home off of Flamingo Avenue in Daytona Beach became engulfed in flames.
The Daytona Beach firefighters responded to the home that was entirely engulfed in flames around 1:30 a.m., Monday. Multiple units worked to put out the fire while protecting neighboring homes, and two RVs, that were stored on the side of the residence.
Four adults who lived at the residence evacuated the home with no injuries. Red Cross was notified to assist the four adults with their displacement.
The home was built back in 1920, and sustained extensive damage, and is considered a total loss after an investigation found that the fire started an unattended malfunctioning space heater on the second floor.
According to a release from the Daytona Beach Fire Department, during these nights where we experience colder temperatures, Chief Driscoll, Fire Chief of the Daytona Beach Fire Department, would like to encourage residents to practice space heater safety. Never leave a portable heater unattended, plugging it directly into a wall outlet instead of using an extension cord, and by keeping the heater at least 3 feet away from anything that can burn.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family