Loaded gun discovered at Atlantic High School in the backpack of a 17-year-old student
17-year-old Timothy Eugene Coates, of Atlantic High School is facing the possibility of being charged with a felony tonight for possession of a firearm on a school campus.
While Daytona Beach police were interviewing Coates at the High School about a shooting case in Daytona Beach, it was discovered that Coates was concealing a .45 caliber pistol in his backpack. The handgun had its hammer already cocked back, there was one round in the chamber and four more rounds in the magazine. Although there were no threats made prior to the discovery of the pistol it is uncertain what Coates’s intentions were.
Keep checking back with PortOrangeConnection.com for more details as they are released.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family