More Emergency Road Closures for Volusia County
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Volusia County Road and Bridge Division has now closed a total of three roads in Northeast Volusia.
Road and Bridge have decided to close these roads due to extreme tidal conditions that have resulted in elevated water levels in the Tomoka and the Halifax River. High water levels have caused flooding in certain areas.
The first of the three roads were closed early Monday, on North Beach Street from Inglesa Avenue to Pine Tree Drive in Ormond Beach.
The other two roads that have been closed due to flooding are:
- Highbridge Road from John Anderson Drive to Walter Boardman Lane
- Walter Boardman Lane from Highbridge Road to Old Dixie Highway
Road and Bridge staff will continue to monitor the situation and will re-open the roads once the water recedes enough for motorists to safely use the roads.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family