Port Orange Community Clean-up Event June 9th
On Saturday morning, June 9th the City of Port Orange, in collaboration with Volusia County Volunteers, will be hosting a Community Roadside Clean-up event in the Commonwealth area.
Volusia County Volunteers is a non-profit organization that hosts events and fundraisers to benefit Volusia County residents. The clean-up is part of the city’s #KeepOurCityPretty initiative to promote anti-littering.
Check-in for volunteers is located in Buschman Park (Spruce Creek Road entrance) at 8:30am and the event will start at 9:00am. Once the volunteers are done they will reconvene back at Buschman Park at 11:00am for refreshments and the weighing of the trash.
Grainger, the city’s supplier of maintenance, will be providing bags, gloves, and other supplies for the clean-up and two dumpsters will be available from Waste Pro for trash and recyclables.
Prizes will be rewarded for the “Most Weight Collected,” the “Most Unique Find,” and other categories. The Mayor of Port Orange, Don Burnette said, “Our goal is to promote #KeepOurCityPretty, to encourage all our citizens to help maintain a clean, inviting community that maintains a high quality of life and a clean environment for all.”
Motorists should be alert and use caution when navigating roads throughout the area of the clean-up. If you’re interested in registering, visit the city’s website, www.port-orange.org under “City News” located on the homepage.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family