Port Orange Man Sentenced 45 years for 2014 Murder
Port Orange, FL - A 23-year-old Port Orange man was sentenced Friday to 45 years in prison for a crime he committed as a teenager.
Dylan J. Reitzel was arrested and charged with First-Degree murder in March of 2014 after Reitzel allegedly stabbed 52-year-old William Brooks, Jr.
Brooks was the boyfriend of Reitzel’s mother, and supposedly had an argument with the teen in their Port Orange home.
At the time of the incident, police reported the mother, Donna Reitzel, had told her son Brooks had struck her.
A verbal argument ensued between the two men. Reitzel told police he had grabbed a knife, exited the home, and stabbed a tire on a car in the driveway before returning inside to the home where a physical altercation occurred.
Brooks was found unresponsive in the home and taken to a hospital where he later died.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family