Port Orange Police Department Make Arrests in Overnight Shooting
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Port Orange Police Department responded to a call at a residence off Leslie Dr., early Monday regarding an alleged shooting.
According to a release, upon arrival, the victim advised police that three males arrived at the residence in a light-colored minivan. There was a verbal dispute before several rounds were fired at or near the residence where the victim and his family resided.
The vehicle has fled the scene but was later stopped by South Daytona Police Department, as the vehicle entered the city. All three males were in the vehicle and were taken into custody. After questioning by Port Orange Police detectives, a confession was obtained.
Gabriel Eduardo Couso, 19, was charged with Aggravated Assault with a Firearm and Tampering with Evidence, Joshua Scott Lacey, 19, was charged with Aggravated Assault with a Firearm (Principle), and Malachi Neveah Shumate, 19, Aggravated Assault with a Firearm (principle).
All three males have been transported to Volusia County Branch Jail. The gun used in the incident was located inside the minivan and additional evidence was collected at the scene.
Anyone with further information regarding this case should contact Detective Wallace at (386)-506-5885.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family