Port Orange homeowner thwarts burglary attempt, fatally shoots intruder.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
At approximately 12:05 a.m. on November 16, 2023, officers with the Port Orange Police Department were dispatched to the 5900 block of Pelham Drive following reports of an ongoing burglary at an occupied dwelling.
The incident unfolded when the homeowner fatally shot the intruder as that person was forcibly attempting to enter the residence. The Port Orange Police Department is investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident.
Details regarding the ongoing investigation are limited, and the authorities have indicated that more information will be available as the investigation progresses. Anyone with additional information regarding the incident should contact Detective James Fischetti at 386-506-5897.
*** Updated 11/16/23 at 4:00 p.m. ***
Fortunately, no occupants inside the victim's residence sustained injuries.
Law enforcement has confirmed that there are no outstanding suspects involved, and the deceased individual acted alone. As of now, no further details regarding the incident will be disclosed, given the ongoing and active nature of the investigation.
Authorities are notifying the next of kin, and once all necessary notifications are complete, additional information will be released.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family