Residents on the beachside and low-lying area need not wait for the evacuation order at 10 am if they wish to leave now and avoid traffic gridlock
Volusia County has implemented a beachside curfew that will be in effect from Tuesday, September 3rd at 6:00 p.m. through Wednesday, September 4th at 6:00 a.m. that is east of the Intracostal Waterway (river to the beach).
The bridge will be manned by officers from Daytona Beach Shores, Port Orange and Ponce Inlet. Only residents, business owners and persons that have legitimate business on beachside from north Daytona Beach Shores city limits to Ponce Inlet will be allowed over. Vehicles displaying a Daytona Beach Shores or Ponce Inlet pass will be expedited over the bridge.
The bridge will close when wind speeds reach a sustained 39 mph. There is no set time so please prepare to leave sooner rather than later.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family