Security Guard at United Methodist Children’s Home is Fighting for His Life After Being Attacked by 14-year-old
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Sheriff Mike Chitwood took to Twitter this morning regarding a Security Guard at the United Methodist Children’s Home in Enterprise, being attacked by a 14-year-old boy.
According to police reports, Christopher J. Carpenter was taken into custody at Florida United Methodist Children’s Home in Enterprise late Tuesday and charged with aggravated battery on a uniformed security officer.
It was reported the officer was bringing Carpenter back to the Children's Home after he was found off-campus. The altercation between Carpenter and the officer broke out in Carpenter’s room, where witnesses stated Carpenter punched the officer.
The officer was able to walk out of the room on his own accord, following the incident.
The officer began showing signs of medical distress in an adjacent office about 5 minutes after the altercation and lost consciousness. Co-workers called 911 to get the security officer medical attention.
The officer, who is 52 years old, was rushed to the hospital and remains in critical condition.
Carpenter is in the custody of the Department of Juvenile Justice with a first appearance before a judge scheduled Thursday morning.
Further medical evaluation is needed to determine whether the security officer’s current condition is attributed to the altercation, or as a result of other medical factors.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family