The City of Port Orange to fix a data storage issue.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Port Orange city staff is in the process of correcting a recently discovered data storage issue and has begun to expand its storage capacity. As a result, several online services have been impacted, such as utility bill payments, Parks & Recreation registration, and building permits.
According to a release, the city is experiencing a supply chain issue with obtaining the necessary hardware to resolve the data storage issue, causing a delay in the February utility billing process. There were no reports of problems with the software systems or data integrity.
Due to these ongoing issues, dating back to February 10 until further notice, there will be no assessment of late fees, penalties, or disconnection of service for water use.
Customers can continue to pay any outstanding known utility bills using any of the three City Hall drop box locations, pay in person at City Hall, or call the Customer Service Department at (386) 506-5720.
The city would like to apologize for any inconvenience and thank its residents for their continued patience.
For any utility billing questions, please email email@example.com.
Also, for general questions about Parks & Recreation registration, please call (386) 506-5851, and for building permit questions, please call (386) 506-5602.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family