The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office arrests a house cleaner after stealing jewelry from a Port Orange employer.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Detectives with the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office arrested Jennifer Eiss, 34, after stealing $5,000 worth of jewelry from a home she was hired to clean.
According to the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office, the victim hired Eiss through an online ad to clean her home in Port Orange in December 2021, before the Sheriff's Office was notified of the theft in mid-January when multiple pieces of jewelry came up missing. The homeowner confronted Eiss about the missing jewelry, and Eiss begged her not to report the thefts, promising to return the missing jewelry. However, the victim stated that Eiss returned only a small portion of the missing jewelry and pursued charges.
Volusia County Sheriff Detectives began their investigation and discovered Eiss had pawned the jewelry in Daytona Beach. The stolen property included almost one hundred items like gold and silver, rings, chains, pendants, charms, earrings, and bracelets.
The Sheriff’s Office arrested Eiss on Friday, February 4, 2022, and remains in custody at the Volusia County Branch Jail on a $24,000 bond.
Any other residents victimized by Eiss should contact Volusia County Sheriff Detective Brian Walsh at email@example.com or call the district office at (386) 423-3301.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family