Volusia County Schools will close due to Tropical Storm Nicole.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Due to Tropical Storm Nicole, all Volusia County Schools will be closed on Wednesday, November 9, 2022, and Thursday, November 10, 2022.
According to a release, all school-sponsored activities will be canceled during the closure. No Volusia School District employee should report to work on Wednesday or Thursday unless directed by their supervisor. No Volusia School District employee should report to work on Wednesday or Thursday unless directed by their supervisor.
Shelters will be open by 10:00 am tomorrow, Wednesday, November 9, at the following school locations: Hinson Middle School and Heritage Middle School for special needs and the medically fragile population only, while Creekside Middle School and University High School shelters are for the general population. All shelters are pet friendly. The two days of instruction missed due to the storm will be made up during the second semester of the school year. Friday, November 11, is Veteran’s Day, and all schools and district offices are closed.
Parents and community residents are encouraged to monitor the district's website at www.vcsedu.org and social media pages for any further school district updates.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family