Volusia County seeks sites for summer food program.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Volusia County's Community Assistance Division is seeking suitable sites to participate in the 2023 summer food program for children. The program, which will operate from June 5 through August 11, provides free and nutritious meals to children aged 18 and younger in areas where at least 50% of children are eligible for free or reduced school meals.
According to a release, to qualify, an organization must be within Volusia County and categorized as a public agency, such as a daycare, church, or nonprofit. The organization must be able to receive daily meal deliveries and distribute meals to children. There is no cost associated with participation in the program, and if needed, refrigerators will be provided during the program's tenure.
Participating sites must adhere to health and safety guidelines to ensure children receive healthy meals in a safe environment. Interested organizations are encouraged to contact Patricia Hubbard at 386-736-5956, ext. 12984, or via email at email@example.com to request an application. The deadline for applications is Friday, March 24, 2023.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family