Votran announces free rides for Earth Day on April 22.
Written by Anthony Bicy
Belden Communications News
Votran, Volusia County's public transit system, is committed to protecting the planet and is going green by offering free rides to riders for Earth Day on Friday, April 22, 2022, on all fixed and FLEX routes.
“We are happy to offer a free ride this Earth Day as a continued effort to remind residents of the beneficial services Votran has to offer,” said Kelvin Miller, general manager of Votran. “This is a great way for people to ride Votran at no cost and experience the easy, efficient, and sustainable way to travel.”
The Volusia County Council also approved the free ride campaign during the April 5, 2022, regularly scheduled meeting.
“We have to re-educate and re-invest in our community, and to me, Earth Day is a reminder of just that,” said Volusia County Councilwoman Barbara Girtman. “We can’t talk about the environment, and we can’t talk about change if we are not willing to take the steps to do that.”
According to a release, transportation is the largest source of carbon emissions in the United States, with passenger cars and light-duty trucks accounting for more than half of the emissions from this sector. Buses emit 80% less carbon monoxide than a car. Choosing to take public transit helps reduce pollution and relieves traffic, eases the wear and tear on personal vehicles, and offers a safe and relaxing solution to commuting overall.
For more information, visit www.votran.org.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family