Atlantic High School Lockdown Lifted
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Atlantic High School, off of Reed Canal in Port Orange, was placed under a lockdown Wednesday, due to rumors of a weapon on campus.
According to reports from the Volusia County Sheriff's Office, an anonymous tip of a weapon on campus came through during an evacuation drill. Multiple units were on scene just after 10 a.m., according to reports from the Sheriff's Office. An investigation launched, immediately after deputies arrived on the scene, searching for the rumored weapon.
Volusia County Schools confirmed via Twitter that no weapon was found on school grounds.
While the lockdown was lifted a little after Noon, and the normal school day has resumed, additional law enforcement officers will remain on campus as a precaution.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family