City Farmer’s Market gets New Home.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Daytona Beach Downtown Farmers’ Market is moving to its new home this coming weekend on Magnolia Avenue, between Beach St and Palmetto Ave. The move was approved by the city commission at the beginning of August, along with rebranding the market as Market@Magnolia. Hours are the same from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. every Saturday.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits can continue to be accepted at the Farmers’ Market, so families can purchase fresh fruits, vegetables, and dairy products.
CDC guidelines and social distancing must be maintained, and patrons are being asked to point at items they wish to purchase in place of touching items.
Masks must be worn, and the city is encouraging the use of disposable gloves.
With the relocation of the market, vendors agree that Magnolia Ave. is a better location. It can create a new opportunity for evening and weekend events, Downtown businesses will benefit from the closer proximity, and there is more protection from the heat and wind on Magnolia Ave, then there was in the parking lot of City Island.
Events on City Island continue to increase, reducing available parking and sometimes closing the market. Customers will have plenty of parking both on the streets and in the parking lots behind Beach Street businesses. The new Farmers’ Market location is closer to the VOTRAN bus stops.
Market@Magnolia opens Saturday. August 29 at 7 a.m.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family