City of Port Orange Announces Drive-thru Testing for COVID-19
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The City of Port Orange, partnering with the Florida Department of Health in Volusia County, announced a new drive-thru test site, scheduled for next week. According to a release, the City of Port Orange is offering testing for COVID-19 beginning on Wednesday, June 10. The test is free, and people do not need to have symptoms to be tested.
Hours are from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm from Wednesday, June 10 through Friday, June 12 (or while supplies last) on Halifax Drive. Anyone wanting to be tested will be able to receive a nasal swab COVID-19 test. Residents will need to enter Halifax Drive from Dunlawton Ave., across from Aunt Catfish’s and will be given a roadside test and will then exit the testing site on Herbert Street.
Electronic signboards will be in place and traffic will be directed onto Halifax Drive during these times.
To get through the line faster, residents should pre-register by calling (386) 274-0500. Select (#) for coronavirus information.
The registration call center is open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm seven days a week.
It will take about 7 days to receive results and the test will only provide information on whether the person is infected with COVID-19 at the time of the test. The Department of Health in Volusia County will call the telephone number given at registration to provide results of the test.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family