City of Port Orange Announces Interim City Manager
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The City of Port Orange City Council held a Special Meeting Tuesday to consider candidates for the Interim City Manager.
The city announced Wednesday, Alan Rosen, the City’s Assistant City Manager for the job. The current City Manager Michael “Jake” Johannson tendered his resignation to the City back on November 4, and his last day will be Friday, December 11.
Rosen will be taking over as Interim City Manager at 5:00 p.m. Friday, December 11, and will remain in position until a new City Manager is in place.
“I am humbled and honored to be chosen as the interim manager. My goal, in addition to those of the council, is to ensure this organization continues to move forward until the permanent replacement is named. This task is made significantly easier by the dedicated men and women in all departments who make this a great community,” said Rosen, regarding the appointment.
Mr. Rosen was hired as the Assistant City Manager in January 2015.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family