County to Install Two Self-Serve Kiosks for Utility Payments.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Tuesday during the Volusia County Council approved a request to buy two CityBase kiosks from Virginia-based Carahsoft Technology Corp. CityBase kiosks offer a fast, secure, self-service option for people who prefer to pay their bills in person but want to avoid going into an office and standing in line.
To start, residents who receive utility service from the county will be able to pay their bill at one of the kiosks, which will accept cash, credit cards, and checks, but county officials said they might partner with cities in the future o provide options to pay other bills.
While a final decision hasn’t been made, the county is considering putting the first two kiosks inside libraries in DeBary and Edgewater because that’s where the majority of its utility customers live. The kiosks are expected to be in place and operational in December.
The $161,412 package approved on Tuesday includes the two kiosks, all of the related hardware and software, a three-year software subscription, and three years of annual maintenance. The kiosks are meant to provide a convenient option and are a health safety feature that could reduce the number of people gathering in the lobby of county facilities waiting to pay their utility bills.
The county is tapping into coronavirus relief funds from the CARES Act to pay for the kiosks.
"The county is looking to find new ways of transacting business during the pandemic that will also be useful and convenient for the public when the pandemic is over," said County Manager George Recktenwald.
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family